Since Windows 8.1 I have had Hyper-V installed on my machine. As an MVP I do a lot of demo’s so this is wonderful. I used to have a spare machine running Windows 2008 just for this.
One thing I have found difficult to do, is share files between my VM and the host machine. All the solutions I was coming across were just not as simple as I would like. Until now. I came across this Blog which outlines 5 ways to achieve this.
Below is, in my opinion the easiest way to share files between a host and VM.
1. Start Hyper-V Manager
2. Right click the Hyper-V host and select "Hyper-V Settings"
3. Ensure the tick box is ticked under Enhanced Session Mode and click OK.
4. Right click the virtual machine-> Settings -> Integration Services at bottom left hand side of the menu.
5. Check "Guest Services" and click OK.
6. Start up the virtual machine, copy files from physical machine and paste in to virtual the machine!