Every time I try to purchase or download something from the Windows Store I get the following error: "Your purchase couldn't be completed. Something happened and your purchase can't be completed." This error does not really tell us why it failed, but that things have failed. Pretty useless. Don't you hate such errors. L
Anyway, I searched online for a solution to this problem, but none of the suggested solutions helped me resolve the issue. Then I remembered when this problem started happening. I have started experiencing this problem after I have associated my Live ID with my Windows 8 installation and started logging to my laptop in using my Live ID, instead of a Windows use account. So, I thought it is worth a shot to reverse that change. After I have switched back to Local Account, the problem disappeared. I am now able to download apps from Windows Store without any issues. To me, this seems like a bug in Windows 8 Release Preview. So, until Microsoft fixes this bug, I am going to stick with Local Accounts. ;)
Oh yes, almost forgot. To switch to Local Account:
- Go to PC Settings
- Select Users
- Click Switch to Local Account button. That's all.