If you get the following error "TF249063: The following Web service is not available: http://SERVER:17012/_vti_bin/TeamFoundationIntegrationService.asmx. This Web service is used for the Team Foundation Server Extensions for SharePoint Products. The underlying error is: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Verify that the following URL points to a valid SharePoint Web application and that the application is available: http:// SERVER:17012. If the URL is correct and the Web application is operating normally, verify that a firewall is not blocking access to the Web application.", when you try to create new projects in TFS 2010 or simply when you browse to SharePoint Extensions tab in TFS Administration Console, then most likely its caused by the fact that Team Foundation Server Extensions for SharePoint Products (aka TFS 2010 Solutions in SharePoint 2010 or 2007) were not installed properly. To resolve this issue you need to add those solutions manually to the solutions store and then deploy them:
- Open Command Prompt
- Change your directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\\bin\ (for SharePoint 2010) and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\\bin\ (for SharePoint 2007)
- Add TFS 2010 solutions using stsadm.exe command as follows:
stsadm -o addsolution -filename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010\Tools\Templates\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.SharePoint.wsp"
stsadm -o addsolution -filename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010\Tools\Templates\ TswaWebPartCollection.wsp"
stsadm -o addsolution -filename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010\Tools\Templates\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.SharePoint.Dashboards.wsp"
- Then deploy solutions using either SharePoint Central Administration site or stsadm.exe command as follows:
stsadm -o deploysolution -name Microsoft.TeamFoundation.SharePoint.wsp -local –force
stsadm -o deploysolution -name TswaWebPartCollection.wsp -local –force
stsadm -o deploysolution -name Microsoft.TeamFoundation.SharePoint.Dashboards.wsp –url "YOUR WEB APP URL" –force
- Go back to TFS Administration Console and Grant Access to your SharePoint farm
- Under SharePoint Web Applications tab, add SharePoint web application to be used for TFS-related SharePoint sites
- Under Team Project Collections, make sure that all your existing Project Collections are tied to your SharePoint instance.
That is all J