Quick access to Test Plans using the “Copy URL for plan” option in the Testing Center window.
- 1. Open Test Manager
- 2. Open the TFS Team Project that your Test Plan resides in
- 3. Highlight the Test Plan by selecting that you want to create a shortcut for
- 4. Click on the Copy URL for plan icon in the toolbar menu (see below)
(Note: when you click the “Copy URL for plan” icon the URL address to the plan is stored on your clipboard)
5. Next, go to your desktop and right click, select New then select Shortcut
6. The Create Shortcut window opens, paste the URL from the clipboard, using either Ctrl-V or right-click Paste, now click the next button.
7. Create Shortcut window opens where you enter a name for your shortcut. Make sure you are entering the actual Test Plan name or using a naming convention that allows you to easily identify the shortcut. Click Finish. (Notice a name by default is given: “New Internet Shortcut” if you miss entering your own)
8. The short cut is created and looks like below, when you click on it the Test Plan opens.