I have an MSDN Ultimate Subscription to give away to the winner of this challenge! The winner will have successfully built a showcase TFS Client for Windows Phone 7. I will accept entries until November 30th.
There are boundless opportunities for features and functionality. Creativity counts here, but to get you started, here are some ideas:
- Build Server Status
Would love to see the status of a given build type, the latest build, success/fail, the offending people who checked in code on a broken build. Would be nice to kick off a QA or Production build (or any type for that matter) from my phone once I’ve got the all clear from QA.
- Iteration Dashboard
What’s the status of the current build? What exit items are still open? What’s our current velocity? What’s the burn down look like?
- Work Items
Would love to edit a work item, reassign it to somebody else, close it, reactivate it, etc. Log a bug perhaps?
- Opportunities with the Phone
Being able to look up a work item owner, or build breaker in my address book and phone or email them seems obvious.
Remember the highlights of this challenge:
- Entries due by Nov 30th. Email me some code including a link to video demonstration ideally. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let me know if you are planning on entering. I’d be excited to provide some coaching and guidance along the way.
- On the line is 1 year MSDN Ultimate Subscription. I think that is worth like a million dollars or something
- I’m sure you will also win a free date with a MS Developer Evangelist and be featured on the CDN Dev Blog.
- I’m pretty sure you aren’t allowed to win if you live in Quebec or work for Microsoft or the Chinese government, but please don’t let that stop you from submitting an entry!
Gentlecoders, start your engines! Best of luck.